Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to Schulten Ward Turner & Weiss, LLP for fresh articles!
Eric L. Weiss
Email: [email protected]
- Georgia, 1998
- Florida, 1997
- Nova Southeastern University, J.D., 1996
- University of Maryland, B.A. 1992; Business
Areas of Practice
- Transactional Law
- Commercial Real Estate
- Atlanta Bar Association Real Estate Section Board of Directors Member at Large
- Urban Land Institute
- American Israel Chamber of Commerce
- Atlanta Jewish Federation Young Adult Philanthropy Chair
- Real Estate Group of Atlanta
- Atlanta Apartment Association
- Georgia Super Lawyer, 2009-12, 2015-17
- AV Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Legal Elite, Georgia Trend Magazine, 2012-14
- Panelist, Middle-Market, Private Capital and Analysis of the Rapidly-Growing and Highly-Active Investor Class, 2nd Annual Southeast Apartment Summit (November 2016)
- Panel Moderator, Greater Atlanta & Southeast Multifamily 360: Is Growth Sustainable in the Region's For-Rent Apartment Market?, The Southeast Apartment Summit, (December 2015)
As a partner in the law firm of Schulten Ward Turner & Weiss, LLP, Eric's practice includes the representation of owners, developers, landlords and tenants in the acquisition, disposition, development, financing and leasing of commercial real estate. He has a broad range of experience in multi-family, retail, office and mixed-use property types and has particular expertise in drafting and negotiating purchase and sale agreements, ground leases, loan agreements, development agreements, leases, construction, and easement agreements.
Eric's practice also includes the representation of clients in transactions financed with low-income housing tax credits, historic tax credits, tax-exempt bonds and other types of subsidized and conventional financing. He also provides representation in matters involving the structure and formation of flow-through entities used for real estate acquisition, development, management, and construction. Eric frequently handles the negotiation of partnership and limited liability operating agreements, as well as planning and restructuring in connection with real estate and other commercial transactions. Eric also has experience in mergers and acquisitions, and assists clients to structure and effectuate joint venture, strategic alliance and other complex commercial relationships. Before joining Schulten Ward Turner & Weiss, LLP, Eric practiced at a large Atlanta-based law firm.