Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to Schulten Ward Turner & Weiss, LLP for fresh articles!
Jon R. Erickson
Email: [email protected]
- Georgia, 1984
- Wake Forest University School of Law, J.D., 1984; Law Review, 1982-1984
- Davidson College, B.A., 1979; with honors
- Edinburgh University, 1980
Areas of Practice
- Commercial Real Estate
- Commercial Lending and Secured Transactions
Honors & Awards
- Georgia Super Lawyer, 2014-2017
- Georgia Legal Elite, 2013-2014
- Represented a non-profit foundation in the development of a University’s student housing with financing through a $53,320,000 bond financing.
- Represented a trust in the resolution of title defects and ultimate sale to the State of Georgia of over 2,500 acres.
- Represented a multi-national company in the acquisition of a flight simulator from a major defense contractor.
- Represented a non-profit foundation in the acqusition and construction of University student housing and parking decks with financing through a $59,900,000 revenue bond.
- Co-Author, Liability of Commercial Vendors, Employers and Social Hosts for Torts of the Intoxicated, 19 Wake Forest Law Review, 1013 (1983)
Professional Organizations & Affiliations
- State Bar of Georgia
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Phi Delta Phi
- Cobb County Chamber of Commerce
Leadership & Community Service
- Member, Honorary Commander's Alumni Association
- Past President, Marietta Civitan Club, 1998-99
- Former Faculty Member, National Center for Paralegal Training
Jon is a partner in the firm’s real estate practice group specializing in commercial real estate transactions of all types with specific expertise in representing non-profit foundations in "public-private" partnerships. He also represents regional and community banks in all types of secured lending on real estate collateral and business-related loans (accounts, receivable, inventory, etc.) and developer/managers of retail, multifamily and office properties in the southeast and across the country.
Jon has significant experience in commercial leasing and real estate acquisitions (developed and undeveloped real estate), forbearance, workouts and restructuring agreements involving real estate collateral. His practice also includes foreclosure, confirmation and deficiency actions, governmental regulations, land use and zoning, property tax appeals and 1031 exchanges as well as an approved title attorney for multiple national title insurance companies.
Prior to joining SWTW in 2003, Jon was a shareholder in an international law firm and played a key role in establishing that firm's Atlanta office.