Kevin L. Ward
After graduating from Emory University School of Law, Kevin established a reputation based on high profile courtroom experience. During his first three years of practice, he successfully defended a Georgia-based national firm against the Trump organization in Donald J. Trump v. Positive Concepts, Ltd. He then represented Paulette Holyfield in Evander Holyfield's first divorce. These significant early cases established the direction of Kevin's unique practice of complex litigation in more than 20 states over the past 34 years.
Contact Kevin Ward
- American Bar Association
- Legal Netlink Alliance
- Airplane Pilots and Owners Association
- Georgia, 1986
- All state and federal courts in Georgia
- US Supreme Court
- Emory University School of Law, J.D. 1986
- American University of Beirut, AB With Distinction 1982
Family Law and Non-Commercial Highlights
In the past five years alone, Kevin has handled numerous family law cases involving marital estates greater than $10 Million. Additionally, he has represented gold and platinum selling musical artists, NFL and MLB players (and spouses in other instances), as well as media personalities. Despite their current fame, the names of these individuals do not appear here in consideration of their privacy. Kevin's representation of these individuals includes not only family law, but defense and prosecution of civil matters. Kevin was also defense counsel in the civil trial of a "shaken baby" case, which was featured on Court T.V., successfully obtaining a jury verdict against the parent that wrongfully accused a day care owner of harming a child in her custody.
Some of Kevin's family law cases have been featured in the respected legal newspaper The Fulton Daily Report, under the headlines: "Winning Lottery Made Ex-Hubby Unlucky at Support Hearings" and "Ex-Gold Club Dancer Wins Child Support."
In his youth, Kevin lived in Beirut, Lebanon for ten years, where his father pursued a profession as an archeologist, scholar and professor. Kevin says, "Years of watching a country at war helped to make me appreciate the benefits of our legal system and to understand that no matter what the opponent tries to throw at me, I have endured worse and triumphed."
Kevin is a trial lawyer who excels in diversity of practice. His success is based on diligent preparation and the goal of his trial work is to win with the truth and the law.
- The Trump Files: He Once Forced a Small Business to Pay Him Royalties for Using the Word "Trump", Mother Jones (June 27, 2016)
- Court of Appeals Says Developer Must pay $21M to Failed Bank, The Daily Report (August 13, 2015)
- Cards and Trump Create A Different Kind of Suit, The New York Times (July 17, 1989)
- Magnate Sues Tiny Firm Over Use of 'Trump Cards', Los Angeles Times (July 7, 1989)
- A Bug Flew With Koppel, Chicago Tribune (July 7, 1989)
- RES-GA SCL LLC v. Stonecrest Land LLC, et al., No. A15A0458, Ga. App., 4th Div. 2015 Ga. App. LEXIS 470
- RL Regi Georgia LLC v. McCallister Point Development LLC, CV111606BA (10/29/2014)
- McClelland v. First Georgia Community Bank, 2012 WL 892189 (M.D.Ga. March 14, 2012)
- Gibson Const. Co. v. GAA Acquisitions I, LLC, 725 S.E.2d 806 (Ga.App. 2012)
- John Hardy Group, Inc. v. Cayo Largo Hotel Associates, 649 S.E.2d 826 (Ga.App. 2007)
- In re Miele, 2007 WL 7138299 (Bankr.N.D.Ga. April 04, 2007)
- Leevers v. Bilberry, 2007 WL 315344 (M.D.Ga. January 31, 2007)
- Edwards v. Sabat, 589 S.E.2d 618 (Ga. App. 2003)
- Robison v. George, 560 S.E.2d 108 (Ga. App. 2002)
- Moulton v. VC3, 2000 WL 33310901 (N.D.Ga. November 07, 2000)
- Fontaine v. Sidelines IV, Inc., 538 S.E.2d 137 (Ga. App. 2000)
- Grayson & Hollingsworth, Inc. v. C. Henning Studios, Inc., 391 S.E.2d 8 (Ga.App. 1990)
- Kitfield v. Henderson, Black & Greene, 498 S.E.2d 537 (Ga. App. 1998)
- Mitsubishi Intern. Corp. v. Cardinal Textile Sales, 14 F.3d 1507, C.A.11 (Ga. 1994)
- Georgia Legal Elite, 2012-2015, 2018
- Georgia Super Lawyers, 2005, 2009-2020
- AV Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- 10.0/10.0 Rated, AVVO